Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

you've been supported by...? (WOW)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by matt_dutyfree, Jan 8, 2005.

1. OK i'm sorry if this has been posted before but I just read the "you've opened for WHOM?!?!" thread and it got me thinking that alot of people here must have headlined shows and then later in life found out that the cr*ppy little support band now have a massive record deal...

I've only had the pleasure of opening for some bands that are in the uk scene and haven't been around long enough for anyone from our headline shows to get anywere.

SO go for it, surprise me!

2. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Here in Toronto, I used to play keyboards in a band called Redshift. Another band from here as well, called Pilate, opened for us on two seperate occasions.

Now, Pilate is off touring Canada, signed to a record deal, music videos, the whole nine yards.

That's my story.

3. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    They're always on Much...meh, nothing special.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sum 41 opened for us in New Jersey once. A year later, they were all over the TV.

5. Queens of the Stone Age opened for the band I was in- must've been around 99 or so. They still drew more people than us.

6. Kyle from Slightly Stoopid used to come hang at house parties we played in the early 90's... back when he was a pup... they got kinda big..