Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yowch

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Nice kitty... nice kitty... ahhh!

2. It's the Chupacabra!!! Aiiiyyeeeeeee!

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Someone could get some serious bass gear with £5000!

Ray

4. No but seriously, I'm terrified of big cats. I always have been. And I saw what fitted the description of a rather sinister looking beast a few weeks ago, and my dad has also seen something weird once. *hide*

5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    You Brits really need to do something about your werewolf problem...

Slug

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Did you know American Warewolf in London is based upon a true story?

7. Yo udon't happen to be talking about the story of the Welsh Werewolf? Or the Beast Of Gevaudan?(that IS true, they killed it and stuffed it until it went rotten. Was a rare type of over grown wolf, over 6 foot long, and it was partial to eating humans....over 100 actually). :bag: :crying:

8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    We had that same sorta prob in college...

A cougar took up residence in the hill my university was wrapped around...

I tell ya... a cougar scream at 3 AM when you're a mite pissed is something to behold *L*

9. Cougar screams....sounds like a good party to me. Any frat guys get loaded and go fight the cat?

10. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>>> These things really exist!!! Just check out Hogzilla, everybody thought it was just a hoax..This guy finally bagged him!

11. That's huge! :eek: One overgrown hog. Did it attack anyone?

12. Cougar/Puma screams are freakin horrendous. They're like a fox gone wrong. My dad once listened to one on the net and scared the living crap out of me, I wondered what the hell was going on. :oops:

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Living in the mountains of PA :)rolleyes:) I once heard a cougar's scream. At first I asked myself ***, then I saw it. Kinda rare I think to see those in PA, but was kinda cool at the same time... at one point I was less than 15' from it :cool:.

Ray

14. Then it eats you.

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Uh, quite obviously not.

16. 9/10 times if you upset a cougar, and it cant escape, it will kill you. Big cat > human.

17. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    THAT...my friend is the notorious Hogzilla. He was a legend. Some folks around those parts say he tilted the scale at half a ton, some say more. Apparently the marauder was wreaking havoc on the local townspeople for several years with his porcine shenanagins, eating anything, or anyone, that crossed his path. SOmetimes fact is stranger that fiction. Enjoy.

Slug

18. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    Onatrio.Canada
    I think his point is that he's the "1/10" that didn't get eaten, hence his posting ability.

peace
    johnny

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    That and the fact that if you don't piss it off it wont kill you either. Living in a dense wooded area, I came face to face, most literally with bears, coyotes and other animals, and have never had a bad encounter. There've been times when I could reach out and touch them (granted I didn't!) I was that close. Just because it can kill you, doesn't mean it will.

Ray