Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yr rig!!!

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by bigbass, Aug 29, 2001.

1. hey watt,
    i caught your gig with lee ranaldo at brownies and you were using an ampeg 8x10 and when you were out with j you were using that marshall monster. my question is what's your rig gonna be for the "cat & not mouse" tour? and whatever happened to the eden head you use to use? looking forward to seeing you in october, i'll be at maxwell's in hoboken and maybe philly.

peace,

chris

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi chris,

that ampeg svt I used at brownie's was rented by the club so I could just fly in w/the little bass and do the gig. j had me play his marshall stuff cuz that's the sound he likes from the bass (played w/a pick too). for my next tour I'm using my sunn 1200s amp through my two eden 410xlt speaker cabs. along w/that is a korg dtr-1 tuner and everything plugged into a fuhrman pl-plus power distributor. that eden wt-800 amp I used for a long time got burned up a bit, one side really hurt. watt's hard on amps w/his thumps. it served me a long time well though. good stuff, eden.

see you soon!

on bass, watt