Yup As If I would let this happen...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Hevy T, Aug 18, 2017.

1. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    Trust is a two way street.
    This guy wants you to drive down a one way street.
    Although...
    There's a sucker born every minute ~ P.T. Barnum 1863

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    free-bird-seed.jpg

PillO, Lobster11, ahc and 9 others like this.
  3. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Bring your valuable gear to my parent's basement, where I live. Leave it here, I'll mess with it.
    You can trust me, I was acquitted of both of those theft accusations.

4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Serious inquiries only?

Seriously…NO!

Spidey2112 likes this.
  5. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I'm fine with people I don't know using my gear while I'm not around.

tenor.gif

andruca likes this.
  6. I'd do it... if he has better gear I can bring to my house.

On second thought...:eyebrow: :rollno: :spit:

7. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    That's a very generous offer ... but no.

8. southpaw723

southpaw723

Oct 20, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    "Let me play with your toys"

9. Hey, it's Lethbridge...

Sorry Lethbridgians :bag:

I passed through Lethbridge last summer, twice... :)
    Retrieving my AlCoA double-bass :smug:

I will say that Lethbridge has a pretty good theatre programme, a friend of mine is a successful graduate from it and has done well for himself as a working thespian. :thumbsup:

Even if this guy is, ahh, "trustworthy", it's basically an advertisement to thieves — "HEY! I may have loads of expensive musical-related gear stashed in my basement, Text Me for its location and then come break in anytime I'm not home — 'cause I'm insured!"

:roflmao:

10. But of course . . . . . check back in with this guy in 6 months, and I would totally NOT be surprised if the space was so stuffed he can't hardly get around in there. Be an easy enough place to find, what with the two UHaul trucks backed up to the door.

11. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    What? these big old black garbage bags? Oh this is all musical gear... I can't afford proper flight cases you see.
    Why does it smell like garbage? Oh well we were practicing at the drummers and he's not the best housekeeper...
    I'm sure that smell will go away in a few hours?
    Oh this big broken chair? Yeah, uh... well this was my guitarists dads favorite chair and his dad taught him how to play...
    He keeps it around for inspiration and for sentimental reasons. He's like Linus and his security blanket you see...

Anyway, thanks for letting us store all our valuable stuff here. The boys will be by to jam in a few hours.
    Feel free to hook it up and get down. I just need to go grab a quick bite to eat now... Bye see ya!

Ant Illington likes this.
  12. mcarp555

mcarp555 Guest

Jul 14, 2013
    Replace "equipment" with "car", (or "girlfriend"); same difference, right?

13. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    Ya know it would ALMOST be interesting to grab a piece of junk from the pawn shop and outfit it with a GPS tracker just to see what would actually happen. I am willing to bet that 2 hours later it would be found back in one of the 2 local pawn shops, or a local crack house

14. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    What if I don't want to replace it with a girlfriend? Equipment costs me monet once. Girlfriend costs me money several times per day. And then takes it all when she leaves me.

15. Dang man. You got bad luck with the ladies. Mine usually only take half.:cool:

16. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    Oh, not me, yet. I try to learn from the mistakes of others. :cigar:

17. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    yup this city is a bit different! I actually would feel safer in Detroit in the middle of the night in a Mall Cop uniform, than walking through the park at 2 in the morning

18. That's something I'll miss about Hong Kong, walks in the park between 2am and 4am. Was nearly 4am now when I got back from a jam last night/morning — HK is one of the safest cities I've ever been in; female friends have told me it's the only city they'll walk home from a night out on the town and not fear being molested or mugged... It's not perfect here, of course, but it's pretty durned good.

Never been to Detroit. Buffalo was the closest I got to down east.

At any rate, I know of some practice spaces here have up to four or five bands sharing one room, and I mean small room, made even smaller by the amps lining the walls and two or three drumkits, keyboards, PAs. My bandmate's friend had such a space and we (band) were trusted enough to have a few rehearsals there before a show.

It's kind of a forced trust, 'cause there's not enough space to go 'round and what little space there is ¢o$t$ big time, so bands have to pool their resources and rent out rehearsal space. No such thing as a garage band or a basement band here...

19. This is like one of those old Tom and Jerry traps, you'd have to be dense to fall for it

1308241728_tom_pwns_jerry.gif

In Minneapolis and Chicago, I have qualms about leaving the house after the sun goes down! :nailbiting: I had a portable amp so I could practice in my yard or at the park, but I got rid of it when I realized I'd just get robbed for my bass.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021