Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yup, more gigspam in SF (09-07)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Saturday, September 7, 9-10pm
    Last Day Saloon
    406 Clement St. (at 5th Ave.) , SF

2. Howdy.
    My band is just getting established in the SF scene right now. We're hooked up at a few places right now, but we'd like to start playing a lot more.
    The scene has kinda taken a turn for the worst--clubs are closing down and bookers have an attitude. We've found that a lot of bookers are hard to reach--there numbers/addresses/emails arn't advertised. I was wondering if you had a directory of SF bookers or something you could forward me to.
    Thank you,

-K

3. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Actually no, TSOTP. I don't do the bookings for the band. Do you have a demo packet? Pics, bio, a recent recording, that kind of stuff?

4. Yeah--we've got a demo pack. It has the CD, picture, and bio. It's just a matter of getting it out to the right people now.

And thanks for the advice, Donne. We know our way around.

5. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Bump...

6. Well, as long as we're on the SF gig topic, I suppose I'll throw in some shameless self-promotion:

The Lava Rats are coming to the Hotel Utah for one night only on Wednesday, Septmeber 11th.
    The Hotel Utah is located on 4th and Bryant.
    The show is at 8pm, the Lava Rats go on at 10:30.
    $5 at the door, 21+ only.

Show your patriotism by coming out and making the scene. The Lava Rats: the most All-American band since Grand Funk!

So, there it is. I hope to see some of you there.

-K