YYZ, Help!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Oct 12, 2005.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I am learning YYZ, but have been taught more than one version. After listening to it multiple times and comparing it with the tab here as well as the one on powertabs (they are one and the same), i have determined that it is the most accurate, but then my teach taught me a different version, and then another teacher i got (supply) taught me yet another version.

So to all you talented players who know YYZ, is the tab on this site correct, and if it isn't, where should i go to find the correct version (please don't say sheet music book/magazine, i have no money)

A thousand thanks to whoever gives me a right answer
  2. I would encourage you to not rely on tab and listen to the song on your own, I mean REALLY listen and try to figure the parts out for yourself. Get some software like Ronimusic's Amazing Slow Downer or a Tascam bass trainer to slow down the fast parts if needed. You will get so much more satisfaction out of learning songs on your own. If you get a few notes wrong, so what? The main thing is that you will be developing an ability to hear something and then play it, rather than having somebody else listen to it and show you THEIR interpretation of a song.
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Ok, i didnt ask for a lecture on the shortcomings of tab, i know it is known to cause stupidity, a rock knows that, i still use it because ive only been playing for 7 odd months and i dont have the ear for it, and even if i did it would take a long time.

Please, does anyone who knows how to play this and knows that they play the right version tell me if the tab on this site is accurate?! Please!

That transcription seems good, but a noticed some discrepancies.

And i dont want this to become a debate on the merits/shortcomings of tablature, so lets not make it that

Sorry if that came off a little harsh, im just sick of people telling me to give up tab.

5. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    give up tab... it is a waste of time.
  6. frankosaurus

Feb 27, 2002
    San Jose
    That version MUST be correct, how else would Geddy have learned it? ;)

Anyhow, if you have guitar pro, this version of YYZ very accurate:
  7. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I learned YYZ a few years back from that tab... and I swear I can match up with Geddy- no joke!