1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zach Smith of Romantic Rebel = Super Cool Dude

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by wintremute, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Part 1:
    Back on Feb 11th I went to the Radio Contraband concert at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Las Vegas Strip. I was mainly there to see Killswitch Engage, but made sure I got there early to check out all of the opening bands. After the show, all of the opening bands were in the t-shirt sales area, just hanging out and talking to everyone.

Romantic Rebel's bassist Zach Smith was real friendly, and we talked for a little while about his bass. As I told him thanks for chatting, he handed me a pick. That was pretty cool. I don't really use picks, but I like to get free picks at shows just as much as the next fan.

Part 2:
    I prefer to play finger style, and use mainly flat wounds. My son plays guitar, but he tends to like more punkish songs. He's been wanting me to play with him, so I thought I would practice playing with a pick on my Aria that has round wounds. I grabbed the pick that Zach Smith gave me, just to check it out, and I loved it! It was the perfect thickness and rigidity, and I was really comfortable right away with it.

Part 2:
    So now, I want more of these picks. So this morning I looked him up on FaceBook. I sent him a message saying how we talked after the show on the 11th, and that he gave me a pick. I said I liked it so much I wanted to buy my own, and asked him what it was so that I could get some. He responded almost immediately! Super Cool of him to take the time to get that info to me, and to do it so quickly.

So, if you like hard rock, check out Romantic Rebel with Zach Smith on bass.

epilogue: If you want to know what the pick is, it's the InTuneGP GrippX® Model Xw Standard, 1.50mm.
    Guitar Picks from InTuneGP.com
    I'll be coming up with my own logo and ordering these pretty soon.