Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zachary bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OrionManMatt, Mar 6, 2004.

1. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    He's generally a guitar maker but this is his first bass.

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/311000pics.htm

If you have any guitar friends or you dabble in guitar yourself you should check out the rest of his site, especially his philosophy and video sections.

Tell me what you think.

2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    For whatever reason, that body reminds me of Kubicki. I also don't care for the headstock.

3. The homepage has a bunch of names of other companies and products so that it will show up on web searches. Real classy.

4. The headstock is unbearable...

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    More like a cheap Atlansia knock-off.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yuck. (IMHO, of course)

7. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    I haven't been able to get over his headstocks either but honestly. If it sounds and plays great, I don't care what it looks like.

8. That headstock is definantly a tight squeeze.

9. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    He lost me at "Why this is the best guitar in the world" This is just arrogance and disrespect to all other manufacturers in the world.

10. wow, that body is really cool, but it's head is the ugliest head i've ever seen ever , and yes, i've seen sukops! sorry for the sukop crowd, but i think those are ugly.
    although the body is awesome, this guy sounds very unfriendly. he said he won't sell you an instrument if he doesn't think you are good enough to play it.
    i listened to the sound sample, its a $1600 guitar though a line6 pod, and all the sample did was emulate a strat and les paul with the POD! well, i don't think i'll get a zachary bass!
    Charlie

11. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    This is a cheap shot buddy:(

12. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    Weird, for some reason my gf and her friends love the headstock :bag:

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    [​IMG]

That is exactly what I was thinking.

14. You have to admit the bass probably doesn't dive. There's one advantage to that headstock. I would say that bass would look a lot better headless though if the builder wants to reduce neck dive.

15. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    I konw Alex from Zachary guitars. We used to chat a couple of years ago. He definitely has some creative and interesting ideas but I think he's just better at guitars ;)

I believe the fact he's a guitar players make him far form the modern bass player requirements...that's just IMO and of course I don' mean this in a bad way.

He's a true caracter and a very nice guy even if he can come across wrong when you read his website!! :)

I would highly consider his guitars if I was a guitar player :bassist:

Peace,
    JP