1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zack's question thread

Discussion in 'Ask Ray Riendeau' started by ZachOrem, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Hey Mr. Riendeau,

I must say that I really admire your skill and talent.

As you are the Yoda to my padawan, I turn to you to instruct me in the ways of the bass.

I'm a beginner, but just about the most determined man you're likely to meet. I have high hopes that I will one day become a renowned musician like yourself.

My question is this; in Jethro Tull's "Bouree", there comes a part where you must play two strings at once. I don't understand how they do it so quickly. Are they picking? I can get it to about 75% speed before it simply becomes too fast to pluck.

Do you think you'd be able to take a look at the song and let me know what you think? Please don't rush. I know you're a busy guy.

PS: I don't want to clutter your forum, so I'll put any future questions in this thread if that's okay.