Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zao - The Funeral of God

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Haven't listened to the whole album yet, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. They dumped the Solid State label in favor of hardcore giant Ferret, which seems like a good move to me. Very heavy stuff.

I like the fact they do concept albums, and this one has a pretty cool concept imo. It goes into the idea that so many people have rejected God he just....dissappears.

The vocals are an acquired taste, and it took a while for me to like it, but I appreciate it now.

So if you like your music heavy and don't mind the christian lyrics, check it out.

You can download some of their songs and watch their new video at www.ferretstyle.com

2. Yeah, i've had the album for a few weeks, and I love it. NOT a good cd to listen to in the car. I realized a few minutes after I put it in that I was going about 20 miles over the speed limit, it gets you that pumped up. This is really like the soundtrack to a nightmare. Some of these songs are incredibly haunting. I would definitly recommend this album.

3. pepsican

pepsican

Oct 23, 2004
    iowa
    Ugh, I really hate that cd. Then again, I havent liked anything that Zao has done since Self Titled. They don't even have a single original band member anymore. I could deal with the change from yelly hardcore to metal, but without Jessie on drums the new album just seems boring.

4. I disagree, smash, at least about the hooks. I think that there are some really catchy songs. I'll give you that there isn't really virtuoso-level musicianship, but that isn't required for a band to make good music. This was the first Zao album that I've gotten, and i was seriously impressed.