1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zappa plays Zappa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Zappa Plays Zappa in the U.S.

The Zappa Family Trust has confirmed the U.S. Dates of its Tour de Frank. Dweezil Zappa will be joined by Steve Vai, Terry Bozzio, Napoleon Murphy Brock and many others in what is billed as “the first OFFICIAL presentation of Frank Zappa Music since the Composer himself departed for his final tour in 1993.” The group will be in Europe from May 15 through June 9, after which it will return home for a series of theater shows beginning on June 11 in Philadelphia. Other confirmed dates include New York’s Beacon Theatre on June 12, The Orpheum in Boston (June 13), Los Angeles' The Wiltern (June 23) and The Warfield in San Francisco (June 24). Prior to any of these shows, Dweezil will bring his ensemble to the Jammys at the Theater at Madison Square Garden on April 20. Oh yes and be sure to check out the Frank Zappa cover story in the latest issue of Relix.

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    too bad their not coming to chicago. I would love to see them perform zappas stuff. I think im gona have to drive 5 hours to michigan to see this done.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I saw Zappa at the Orpheum back in 87 or 88...unfortunately it was an awful show. He even apologized at the end. It was nice to meet him before the show, though.

4. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

THis is great. I'll be driving to Philly.

5. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Me too! Oh wait...:bawl:

6. that will be a fun show...i wish they were coming near here