Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zebda, french for good

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigWig Will, Dec 12, 2002.

1. I went to Paris with my family a year and a half ago, on the plane flight back, I remember seeing a music video (Foreign Airlines are so much more interesting than American ones, especially the French, I think). And I saw this video for a band named Zebda, I was a little intrigued by it. At first I dismissed it as a french 311, but they started to grow on me. But after the video ended, I kinda forgot about it. I talked with my girlfriend at the time(who spent most of her life in France) about them and she told me all about Toulouse and how they're crazy when they party etc.

Well, I recently downloaded "Tomber la chamise" and I'm blown away! It's like 311 only funkier and sooooooooooooo groovy. I've downloaded a bunch of their other songs and I'm slowly becoming obsessed with them!

Any resident Frenchies have comments? Any one heard of them? They're bassist is pretty clutch<----(quickly becoming my favorite word)