Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

zek Cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thunder_Fingers, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    anyone heard of them? I think that was their name.. i got a store to hold of one for me, becouse they had an old used one they where selling, and it sounded nice and punchy, and used EVM 10's(its a 4x10 Cab..)

im gonna get it, but i would like some more info about the brand and such...

2. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    noone know about them? then i probaly have gotten the name VERY wrong... i cant seem to find anything on emm..

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've heard their PA cabinets in action and was not impressed. I don't know how much of that was the opreator's fault. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's my experience.

Are you sure they come with EV's? It sure didn't sound like it to me.

4. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    just got of the phone with the guy from the store, he said it was Zek they where called, Used EVM speakers, i told him what you said about the P.A's and he said that the P.A's where more mediocore equiptment while the bass cabs where High end.
    and for a Cab with EVM(heard alot of great about them) i get it for real cheap(3900 Nkr) and a flight case, and the flight case new is aprox that price itself...

Somebody around here gotta know more about them than "their P.A's are crap"?

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's actually spelled "Zeck"

http://www.zeck-audio.de/zeck.html

They used to make bass cabinets (at least until the early 90s AFAIK), which are great. A former bass teacher of mine has one and it sounds great.

They now do PA stuff exclusively.

6. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Did you mean Zeck ?

7. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    there is a pretty huge chance that i do...

the way the other dude says it make it seem like that...

8. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    Ah, well, i bought it... it sounded Nice, and what it says on the speakers is "Zeck by E.V" and its was realy cheap(like the price of a flight case, and the flight case where included) i think im gonna sell the flight case though...