1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zen Vision:M

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Deception, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Deception

Deception

Feb 9, 2006
    Any of you guys have this? I was going to go buy an Ipod Video tomorrow and then found this. I have had a ipod 4g, an ipod nano and now need a new player. (dont ask, lol)

That and the ipod video are the same price so just wondering what asre your experiences with either?

2. i don't have any experiance, but i do have experience with Zen products, and a lot of people like Zen over Ipod...

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I have a 30GB Creative Labs Zen something-or-other, and it's awesome. Never crashed, never stopped despite a few drops... every once in a while, it has to 'reload the library' (has happened 3-4 times in the 8+ months I've owned it), and nothing has ever gone wrong. I can't think of one person I know whose iPod has gone that long without some catastrophe.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm sure you're about to meet some.

bc

5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I'd love a vision M but I have a Zen Micro 6gb and I can't get the thing filled up. I really love mine: smaller but fatter than an IPOD

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I had a Zen Touch. Their stuff is great, solid, and cheap, but the firmware support for the Touch was meh at best, and it scared me off.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    No question really.

8. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I must ask, why do you want a third player? I know you told me not to, but I just gotta know!

9. Deception

Deception

Feb 9, 2006
    Well techinically this is the 4th. The first was a Zen Touch that was an ebay mess, that i paid for but never got, 2nd was an ipod 4G, i dropped that in a sink of water, pulled it apart but worked sporadically so gave it away and got a nano, last weekend sent it through a washing machine and it wont work again, so i needed another one