Zender or the new guy?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jumping_Bomb_Angel, Sep 14, 2002.

Zender or...

Poll closed Sep 21, 2002.
  1. Zender

10 vote(s)
  2. New guy

1 vote(s)
  3. Adam Clayton [heh]

0 vote(s)
  4. Enrique Iglesias [Double heh]

1 vote(s)
  1. Zender is a great bassist, this is a fact.

But the new guy - sure he has his differences, but - in my humble opinion - hes JUST AS GOOD!

Lets just hope Jason Kays ego and temper tantrums dont drive him away..Id hate to see Jamiroquai die.
  2. The "new guy" is definitely good. He plays great bass lines. And we all know that he probably has little say in terms of creative input.

However, IMO, Zender's lines had a lot of personality that shined through. You could hear a lot of his roots and influences, but he really brought his own personal flavor to the mix. I have to go with Zender.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I love them both!

so I voted Enrique Iglesias! OMG!!
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Zender, being my main influence, will ALWAYS be my fave! Nick is an incredible bassist, but Jay smothers his creativity, IMO. I've seen them both live, and Stu rules!
  5. juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Stuart zender is great, he has some simple basslines that are so complicated at the same time. i love him
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Isn't that weird? Some of his lines sound so simple, until you learn them! Perfect examples: Cosmic girl and TWM.
  7. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Zender by a mile.

"Space Cowboy" is my favorite. That song is stuffed with supercool fills and turnarounds. It's a nightmare trying to remember them all!
  8. Major kudos to Nick Fyffe for filling Stuart's spot but Stu's still my favourite of the two. Sorry Nick....

Cheers rOdy
  9. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Yes! Those fills are great, something I really aspire to.
  10. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    I would have to say Stu...... I think Nick is a great player but he lacks the creativity of mr zender. I heard Nick playing some of the old Stu lines and he plays them spot on, Then he played some new stuff and it just didnt sound as good.

11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I think Jay has something to do with that. Stu was able to inject a lot of himself into the basslines, sometimes by force. With Nick, Jay isn't allowing that to happen.
  12. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    im really loking forward to stuarts new project with Mel Blatt (ex All Saints). I was quite disapointed with his bass work with ms dynamite, Hopefuly the new stuff will get back to some great stu lines.

For more stu news visit: www.bassmaster.co.uk (includes tab to everything stu has recorded)

13. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

stu just had that creative spark that kept things movin' and groovin'.