Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ZEPPELIN IS BACK!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 311fan2001, Oct 14, 2002.

1. I can't look at a thing there because I'm not an admin.

2. No, me neither, can't open the page. Sorry:rolleyes:

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

5. Sorry about that, everyone, i didn't realize the site would screw up, just go to http://www.relix.com/ and find the news section.

6. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Yikes. Just yikes:eek:

:D

:eek: :eek:

:confused:

just love those emoti-whateverthehellthey'recalled

7. Woo!

Remember when Page toured with the Black Crowes? A friend of mine and I waited all summer for that, and the concert was CANCELLED the day of, cause Jimmy hurt his back on the Jay Leno Show the night before. I still have not forgiven Leno.

You're damn right Im gonna see this.

8. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    If this is true, I hope they tour Europe!

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    :D :D :D :D :
    Yeah Baby the mighty Zeppelin!!!!

10. Zeppelin came to Iceland in '73 (I think). After that concert Plant wrote the words to Immigrant Song and the band remarked on how Icelanders don't know how to have any fun.

Let 'em come back now, we'll show 'em how it's done. :D

11. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Would be really cool to see JPJ in action playing Zep tunes, I've never had the pleasure. :(

12. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I saw the Page/Plant tour back in 98'. It was a great show except for the songs off the "Walking into Clarksdale" cd. They did play a lot of Zep tunes but I definity missed John Paul Jones(and John Bohnam). Plant couldn't hit those high notes anymore but it was still incredible to see Plant and Page together on stage. I never heard why they didn't ask JPJ to tour with them but they should have. It was not the same without him. I never though he got enough credit for everything he did with Zeppelin. Zeppelin will always be my favorite band.

13. Too bad they denied plans to do it. But....maybe now they see how much of a cash cow that tour would be and are reconsidering. Hell, I'd take them over the stones any day.

14. I would only go see it if it were John Paul on bass.

15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I don't think they will ever be the same without John Bonham. I saw them in 1974 and what really impressed and stood out was the power and energy that Bonham put into their live perfromances.

Without John Bonham, I can only imagine it will just be a pale shadow of what they were in the 1970s. :(

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

Its my understanding they asked JPJ to join them in 98'?? but he turned them down. At the time he had a lot of projects going on.

17. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Jason Bonham is a really good drummer too. I bet you all the intensity will be there.

18. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Cant wait to see how much tickets will cost......:rolleyes: