Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zippotricks.com

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slick519, Sep 16, 2003.

1. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    BLAHH!!! i just cannot belive that it was shut down!. What a great site, with infomation about around 400 different tricks that you could do with your zippo....

am I the only person the closure of this website affected?(effected?)

take a look at what it is now.....
    www.zippotricks.com

Slicks

2. damn I just got a zippo too.:bawl:

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You could probably email that guy and get copies of the webpage(s), like just indexes and stuff.

*shrug*

if it really meant that much to you.

4. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    yeah, i would, but the info on that site was massive, with all of the mpeg movies, and my poor little computer wouldnt be able to handle it. Plus, the thing that i really enjoyed was the forum board.

well at least i still have TB!

slicks

5. What exactly was this site for, and why would peolpe want it closed down?

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Looks like it was just a site for zippo lighter tricks.

ya know things you can do at party's "I'll bet you this beer that (insert neat zippo stunt)...etc."

why would it be closed down? because it's playing with fire you're bound to get burned, little kids and stuff seeing this site....then parents get outraged, and yadda yadda blechk

7. Aahh...perfectly good reason to close it down ;).

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    That was an awesome site. I remember I got my first Zippo about alittle over a year ago now, and the first place I went was zippotricks.com. Didn't really succeed in doing any tricks, but just trying and getting close was fun. The movies helped alot too. Damn shame to see it go.

9. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    hhmm..How about a bictricks.com??:meh:

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    We have reached a new low. I've seen some of the vids, but never really looked at the site. I'm constantly shocked by how ridiculous people are. I think I'll open www.flamingscissorsdecathalon.com and see how that goes.

11. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    it is just pure fun, and nothing more. Plus, it is alot of fun to watch an experienced trickhead do his thing.

i think it is the facination of someone flinging around fire in a little metal canister that is the coolest part.

wel, at least i think its the coolest part...

slicks

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    We learned to make fire without matches at wootcamp, that was really neat.

the instructor there told us one year one of the campers(after watching fire being made) said "huh...that's a neat trick" and the instructor responded "matches and lighters are the trick, this is the real thing":p

13. whats a wootcamp :confused:

14. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    [​IMG]

I know some basic tricks, but I had to stop doing them. Everybody wanted to try, and I got tired of fishing my lighter out of beer glasses.

15. the victor wooten camp ;)