1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ZOMG-- I just bought a Morley PWB

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So I went to Guitar Center today, and I was about to buy a capo and guitar tool box, then right under my nose was a Morley Power Wah Boost. I nearly shat myself. I looked at the price and it was $69.99!!!!!! Needless to say, I didn't buy those 2 other things and I walked out with the PWB.

This thing is HUGE. The AC is plugged into it! I don't know how to work it to it's full potential, so feel free to tell me. It seems to be that if it's off, it's a volume pedal, then you can turn it on and it's a way, then you can hit the other button and it gets insane wah. Please verify.

So basically i've just been rocking out Metallica since I got it.

2. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    I thought they were discontinued.
    For that price...

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    They are discontinued. It was used.

Did I pay too much?

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Dude, any used wah for that is a steal, IMO. I'm jealous :spit:

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    *bump*

Looking for opinions on the price.

6. You did good. The last three auctions on ebay ended with them selling for: $70, 108 and 205. I see most of them sell for $125-150. Forget about it and enjoy.

Mike

7. pretty cool find!
    how does it compare with your 105Q?

(you have a 105Q right?)

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It's totally different than the 105Q. A lot harsher and just overall more wah like (because it does effect the bass frequencies.) It really doesn't fit on my pedalboard though because it's so flippin huge.