Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ZOMG-- I just bought a Morley PWB

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So I went to Guitar Center today, and I was about to buy a capo and guitar tool box, then right under my nose was a Morley Power Wah Boost. I nearly shat myself. I looked at the price and it was $69.99!!!!!! Needless to say, I didn't buy those 2 other things and I walked out with the PWB.

This thing is HUGE. The AC is plugged into it! I don't know how to work it to it's full potential, so feel free to tell me. It seems to be that if it's off, it's a volume pedal, then you can turn it on and it's a way, then you can hit the other button and it gets insane wah. Please verify.

So basically i've just been rocking out Metallica since I got it.

2. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    I thought they were discontinued.
    For that price...

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    They are discontinued. It was used.

Did I pay too much?

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Dude, any used wah for that is a steal, IMO. I'm jealous :spit:

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    *bump*

Looking for opinions on the price.

6. You did good. The last three auctions on ebay ended with them selling for: $70, 108 and 205. I see most of them sell for $125-150. Forget about it and enjoy.

Mike

7. pretty cool find!
    how does it compare with your 105Q?

(you have a 105Q right?)

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It's totally different than the 105Q. A lot harsher and just overall more wah like (because it does effect the bass frequencies.) It really doesn't fit on my pedalboard though because it's so flippin huge.