Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon 519 headed my way..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lsu921, Jul 26, 2005.

1. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I remember seeing a beautiful Zon 519 for sale at Access Bass about a year ago, but passed on it, because I've never played one before.. Then the guy that bought it sold it shortly thereafter, b/c he wasn't a 5 string guy.. Passed on it again..

I got a chance to play one at a local shop, and was blown away.. Had to have one.. I put a wanted ad out, and guess which one popped up a few minutes later..

:)

http://accessbass.com/Zon519SpaltedMaple.html

The boys in brown are driving it to Baton Rouge as I type.. Can't wait...

:hyper:

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ....it's all my fault...

:bag:

:hyper:

3. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La

Yes it is!! You're an evil man!! This wasn't enough, huh? Gotta email me hot off the press Roscoe pictures now too?

:help:

:D

Jason

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA

I'm evil and PROUD of it....my goal in life is to make all bassists BROKE!!!!

MUAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAcoughcoughcoughcoughHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:ninja:

;)

5. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    :scowl:

My wife thanks you...

;)

6. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    Gard..

Remember these things? Don't have any in NC, huh?

:bag:

Attached Files:

7. ganga

ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    Zon's are so hot! Wish i had the money for one. :p

Gratulations on it!

8. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Congrats lsu921! I pretty much play Zons exclusively these days. Great stuff. Enjoy.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA

You fight dirty sir....October, Superior Grill....Zon's at 20 paces....

:spit:

10. One of the things I love abotu Zons is that Joe does a great job engineering the bass to sound good. I liked hte electronics package on the 519 so I thought about getting one even though I own a Sonus studio 5 already. But ZOn is going to upgrade the electronics in my other SOnus 5 so I should be gassless for a while. I thought this Sonus 5 was a 519 model because of the mid EQ and toggle. But it' a regular 34" scale Sonus

[​IMG]

11. By the way, congratulations on the bass. I wonder if you can tell us what access bass is like ? According to their website, they have 1 bass in stock.Are they a tiny store or ....?

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats! Zons are among the best money can buy. I plan on being buried with mine.:D

13. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I remember this bass. I think this is another one that Adrian hand picked. If he hadn't already hooked me up with a Sonus 5 fretted I loved, you'd never have had the chance at that bass. :)

Congrats! You are going to LOVE that bass!!!!

14. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    Yes I do! What week are you coming in October? I might take a days vacation.. You sure you don't wanna go to The Silver Moon?

15. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I bought it used, so I can't say for sure.. Adrian Garcia, who owns it hangs out around here.. I've email questions and he's been super nice.. That shop is a secondary gig for him I believe..

16. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    There are others as good, but none better than Adrian. Highly recommended, and even if he doesn't have something in stock, he can do customs and other orders as well.

17. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    Out for delivery! :hyper:

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ....interesting, the delivery address is in Greensboro, NC, not in Baton Rouge, LA....

...if only I would learn to use my powers for good...

:ninja:

19. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    Sitting in the office lobby sir! Now if I can just figger a way outta this training class I'm in... :meh:

Jason

20. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Isu921, I just have to compliment you on that beautiful bass. I have heard so many good things about the Zon Sonus. Too bad the only Zon I ever played was a poorly set up one in Guitar Center. :rolleyes: