1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zon, and their great customer service!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Owl, Mar 17, 2008.

1. EDIT:

So this morning, guess what was waiting in my mailbox?

A reply from the Zon customer service, time-stamped less than two hours after my inquiry...well, that's irony for ya! :D

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    i've had this issue...but not when i called them and talked to them directly...i emailed them about refinishing my sonus special 5, wiated a few days and called and got what i needed...about a year and a half later, i got an email from them answering my original email...i would recommend calling, if that's something you can do...or communicated what you need to one of the guys here stateside that can talk to them personally...emailing zon, is in, IMO, a bad idea...i'm sure that's not the case with everyone, but it's my experience

3. I was in the market for a Zon a few years back. E-mailing them didn't get me great results. Calling them gave me the info I needed then and there.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I know the time difference is a female dog, but I'd just call and ask for Joe. He usually picks up the tele.

5. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I would think that if you have enough money for a custom Zon, you could spend 10 euros in a phone call. No? :smug:

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Same with any other builder- call. It shows a much greater sense of commitment that emails don't convey.

Most builders don't or can't afford to have a full time employee answering phone and email because it's very expensive and often is mostly spent on tire kickers (i've heard that from multiple builders in the past). So any time spent answering them often means time not spent working which is why so many are unable to send responses within a day or two. I don't blame them. People who are really serious call and remove the anonymity, even if inconvenient!

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i love the stuff that jon builds which is pure goodness, but honestly, what's the point of having an email addy, if you're not even gonna answer it?

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    They do though.

9. Imagine how many e-mails come per day, not to mention spam.