Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman275, Feb 15, 2006.

1. I just recieved an e-mail from ZON Guitars in reguards to My CONCORDE Bass seen here: http://usera.imagecave.com/bassman275/
    The e-mail reads as follows; Chris,

We did make the Concorde bass as well as a series of Concorde guitars. These
    instruments were made in the mid eighties. Joe is in the process of pulling some

history together on these instruments and once he does, I'll forward it to you.

Martin Peters

Is this the rarest ZON or what?:hyper: I want to know if any other TB'ers Have ever owned,seen or even,heard of this great Bass?!!
  2. Wow,I guess this thing is RARE.I cant be the only guy on here that ownes/owned one.:confused: CanI?:eyebrow: I will post The info from Joe as soon as i get it.
  3. Cool! New info!
    Beautiful bass, too. Congrats on the info gathering conquest. Keep us posted.
  4. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Cool stuff, too bad it doesn't look nearly as good as today's zon basses, probably doesn't play like them either though I dont doubt it has a very special sound.
  5. Make sure to keep us updated, very interesting!

6. Don't be so sure of that My friend.Classic Zon all the way.This thing plays like a dream.
  7. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i think it looks cool. is it big and heavy?
  8. No,It's light and very well ballanced.The neck plays like a dream and it has a great all around sound.I will post exact weight a.s.a.p.:)
  9. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Don't know anything about Concorde basses, but those appear to be the same pickups that are in the Sonus Custom 4 I just got and it sounds EXCELLENT! To my ears *way* better than the Sonus basses I've played with the narrow Jazz Bass style pickups.
  10. Yes,I also like the way they adjust with the hieght screw and,a set screw.Very solid.