Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon finally re-vamped the website

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deep, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Just checked it and it is finally done. Looks like the Tribute and Tribute Pro line has been re-named the Mosaic and Mosaic Pro. The problem is that the description looks like a big error since the necks are wood on those basses and the description is like that of a Legacy neck. But the site looks good. Check it out.

2. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    I like it very easy to navigate and find the models. Some good company info there about the Necks etc..

Hmm Zon Sonus 5/1's come in Alder now....Mine is swamp ash

3. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    It's like night and day compared to the old site. Good Job. I did however find a broken link, but I'm sure that'll be cleared up.

4. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Yea. At least it's up. The corrections will probably follow soon. He might not even be aware of some of them. Guess we could let him know too. But the site is 100x better than it was. Looks real good.
    BTW A. J. that Vinny looks terrific.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    What kind of top is on the bass on the opening screen? The first page on zonguitars.com

6. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Abark000- Looks like it might be a Myrtle top.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Very nice looking top, not gaudy or too busy; just right in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply.

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! It's nice to finally get some information about all of the models introduced since 2000. The new site is very nice and informative.

10. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    It's definitley a Flamed Myrtle top. That bass had just been completed when I was at the shop to see Joe. My jaw dropped when I saw it. It's actually way more impressive in person. It's so highly flamed that it looks like flowing water in the sunlight...very stunning!

I love the new website by the way, although I would recommend that Joe post more pics in the gallery. He should also post pics of the wood tops that he has available. He has some pretty amazing Myrtle, Spalted Maple, and Redwood on hand.

11. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    20% upcharges for leftys . . . mmmmmmmm

12. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i do enjoy that "build your zon". the only downside is it you want some specific things done to your zon. but i suppose thast ok when you call to order....

13. It's about time - I boughft a Zon in 1995 and their web page was essenitially unchanged since then.

14. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Yea, they got a number of things wrong. Kind of like some stuff in the wrong place Joe may not even realize it. The BIG mistake is the Mosaic (Tribute) line. It tells you how it has a rock maple neck and 3 piece neck on the Pro with graphite-reinforcement, but then the actual page for it says its a set-in composite neck....All wrong. Guess they're gonna have to proof-read the site.

15. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    If you click on the map under "Dealers", they don't list any cities for the dealers if there are any. They stop at the street addresses.

16. Too busy making great guitars to set up a good web-site, but I am sure the kinks will be removed eventually. I am loving my Zon, such a wonderfully fast neck.

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep. That's a Sonus with the optional flamed maple top. The Special comes stock with a bubinga top, and has totally different pickup placement.

18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Oh my god! The top on the front page is incredible...it's the kind of thing you'd see on a Ritter.

19. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    I tell ya, that Robert Trujillo model at Bass Northwest looks real good.