Zon Hyperbass question

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Paingod1, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Paingod1

Dec 5, 2003
    Is it possible for a mere mortal to "custom order" this bass fretted? If not, I am pretty sure Michael could get one (then sell it to me?????)

I have e-mailed the company but as of yet no responce.
  2. bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Zon tends to be a bit slow with email. Probably very busy. I'd suggest calling them, you'll get an answer much quicker. I'd bet it can be done, Joe is pretty easy to work with.

3. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm sorry that the folks at Zon have been slow to respond to your e-mail. This is an especially busy time of year for them as they're preparing for the NAMM show, so I imagine that's the hold up. They will have to give you the official word on this, but my guess is that they would probably be able to make you a fretted Hyperbass if you so desire. However, putting frets the third octave of the fingerboard would be very difficult if not impossible, so you may have to be content with a standard two-octave board.
  4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    John Turner's fretted 8 has 36 frets, although I don't know how he plays them. You might consider having it fretted up to the 24th, and fretless from there up.