Zon Legacy Elite 6

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by boogiebass, Mar 6, 2005.

1. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    This bass is about ten years old but in excellent condition. I had Joe Zon replace the pots and do a little touch-up here and there. The piano-black poly finish is hard as nails and very striking. The bass is very balanced and punchy with a killer B string. Spacing is rather "east coast" wide and the neck profile is slim. 34" scale. I'm asking $1750 and it comes with a new padded Zon gigbag and wide leather strap with gold Schallers installed. PRICE DROP TO $1700

The weight is medium and that's actually why I'm letting it go. Recent shoulder problems have forced me to go with the lightest instruments I can find. I guess 40 years of standing on stages with a bass strapped over my left shoulder have finally taken their toll! :D Otherwise, there's no way I'd part with this bass. I'm a big fan of composite necks and I love the way this one sounds. Here's the pics:

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    I hope I land on a deal like this when I have some money. Legacy sixer is at the top of the list.
    Good luck
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks! I really wish I could keep it but I have to make adjustments to accomodate the wear and tear on my body. :bawl:
  4. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Is it me or does that thing just SCREAM heavy metal!? Free bump.
  5. PM sent regarding the bass of my dreams!
  6. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    How wide is 'east coast' wide? 19mm?
  7. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Center of string to center of string at the bridge is 5/8"

Sorry for my earlier misinformation! :cool:
  8. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    I just PM'd you. Let me know.

9. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Bump for a cool bass and for "east coast wide" ....... If it was fretless :eyebrow:
  10. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Final price drop to $1700 including shipping in the USA. That's the lowest I can go, folks. If it doesn't sell at that price, I'll keep it, the bass is just too nice! ;)
  11. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    One last bump before this one goes into storage. Zon, anyone? ;)