Zon Legacy Elite Six F/T

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Giraffe, Sep 25, 2005.

1. I just stumbled across a Zon Legacy Elite VI at a guitar show. I haven't bonded with this one yet, and I could use a five string more than this six, so I am looking to trade straight across or plus- or minus-cash for a high-end five string.

The Zon appears to be a 1993 model, probably with a poplar body core. The top appears to be bird's eye maple, with a cinammon-colored stain. The composite neck is set into a dovetail joint in the body, and perfectly blended. The fingerboard is Phenowood, with white side dot markers and abalone dots on the board. Frets are medium. Gold Schaller tuners and straplocks, and a Zon adjustable bridge. This bass has two wide-aperture dual-coil Bartolini soapbar pickups and a 9 volt two band Polyfusion preamp.

This bass sounds great, even across the board, with a wide, thunderous bottom and clean, clear highs. It plays beautifully with the current medium-low action. It might go lower with your playing style, but it sounded so good to me this way that I haven't bothered to try lowering it.

There is player wear on the finish, but it is not bad. There is a scratch on the back, and a few dents and checks on the body rim, neck, and headstock, but nothing serious. The frets are excellent, with roundwound wear showing in a few spots but no damage. All of the frets are crowned and don't appear to have ever been worked on. The neck is brutally strong, and shows just the right amount of relief when tuned to pitch with the unidentified strings that came on the bass. The bass comes with the original hard shell case, which is fitted to the bass and covered with nice textured material.

I am looking for a solid five string, preferably with a 35" scale. I lean toward MTD, Fodera, something like that. If you are interested send me an e:mail address and I will send you some good pictures. I can't get them sized to post here!
  2. klorence

Nov 21, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    you've got a pm.
  3. Eric Fricke

Eric Fricke

Jul 1, 2004
    Did you sell/trade the bass...if not I'm intersted in it. :hyper:

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...a pic would be cool...