Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon Legacy question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I have a chance to aquire a Zon Legacy. One of the older ones with a painted body and single pickup in the bridge.An older bart I belive. I had a flea bass with the lane poor that was good but It didnt do a whole lot for me.Way to thin and weak sounding. Could anybody explain its tone to me and what it sounds like compared to a flea?

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...well, let's start with an apropriate pic first. Then a serial #...

~S~

PS: I'm not too familiar with a single p/u Legacy, maybe a custom or VERY old...

3. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i 2 flea basses and the last two words i would use to describe them are weak and thin. what kind of preamp are you using in the flea bass? what kind of amp? mine are the hottest,fullest basses i have ever owned. i have the lane poor/bart preamp combo. the legacy i played reminded me of a stingray type tone. it was older and had dead strings and bad action though. if you need help with you flea bass sound, pm me and i might be able to help you. ive been using them for years. ive bought "better" high end basses but always go back to the flea.

4. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    The flea is long gone.But Sadly It was after understanding that pre amps are the trick to making graphite sound great.So its kinda not realy fair to say the flea sound weak just. I was using a vintage Ampeg 4x12 and head thats standard for it.But I played other Modulus and status basses as well before and they seemed to have more to the balls I guess to the tone then the flea. The Zon is about 15-20 years old the one im talking about.

5. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...pic...

hell, you have an antique on your hands...

~S~

PS: I've seen a few pics of what you speak but as far as how many were made & sound/specs, you better call Joe...