1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zon Legacy Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AmazingAmpharos, Aug 14, 2012.

1. So previously, I've owned a Warwick Corvette Proline, and an Ibanez GWB 1, but I had to give them up due to financial hardship.

I just ordered the Lgeacy Standard, and I was wondering what I should be expecting, comparatively, and in general. I've never even seen a Zon in person but I hear amazing things about them. I got a good shot at this one used and just couldn't resist.

So should I expect good things?

2. Nobody?

3. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    I have a recently acquired older wenge Corvette Standard and a recently acquired Zon Sonus 4/2 (composite neck). They are very different but both fantastic basses. The Warwick sounds sweet and clear with a wonderful blossom. It's very comfortable to play sitting, but for me that big round horn presses slightly uncomfortably across my rib cage on a strap (I need to experiment a bit). The Zon is super punchy, full-toned and extremely responsive to touch. The ergonomics are outstanding either on the lap or the strap. Very lightweight too, but perfectly balanced. I've grown quickly attached to both but if I had to pick only one to keep, it would be the Zon. Neck shape/stiffness, Fretwork, hardware and the overall construction is top-notch on both.

4. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    I'm guessing your Legacy is the import variety. I can't answer coparatively, nut in general you will get a fine instrument. Zon quality is first rate. Other than some personal preference you should be happy with it.

I have a USA Legacy Elite that I got in 1986 so it's a bit different than the import line. It's a great bass and I played it exclusively well into the 90's. I am currently in the process of restoring it.