Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon NAMM pics?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassjigga, Jan 19, 2004.

1. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    No Zon pics from NAMM? Where's the love?

Dave

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Yeah, I've been kind of curious to see what Joe has conjured up this year. I heard rumor that there was going to be some new basses this year at NAAM, possibly a Robert Trullio signature. I hope someone can chime in and relay what they saw over there, or better yet, post some pics.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    first off i didnt know trujillo played zons. second i hope your kidding.

wait sorry, im a dumb ass. trullio, not trujillo. sorry

4. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Sorry, that was my poor spelling on Trujillo! He doesn't play Zon's yet, but from what I've heard, they are working out the details on a deal according to a dealer I trust. I'm not too sure what to think about this either. First the Tribute, now this.

5. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    In Trujillo's defense I have to point out the fact that he's not a bad bassist. I personally don't agree with the career moves he's made or the technique he employs (bass at knee's :eek: ). He did play for the highly under estimated band Infectious Grooves who are a forgotten Funk/Rock great.;)

6. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    The Tribute looks like a nice bass. I would'nt mind playing one.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Trujillo keeps his lamp under a bowl. He's actually a badass.

8. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    So has anyone taken any pix of some Zon's at NAMM? Beside the couple funkycarnivore did.

9. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I took some, check my galleries.

10. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Hi hippie! Where are your galleries?

11. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  12. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Very cool pix. Thanks

13. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I agree with you completely! He's an amazing bass player, and I can't see a better company for him to play with other than Zon. Having him do an endorsement is one thing, but a signature bass , ala Fender, is just a bit cheesy to me. Maybe you can have a Sonus that has certain electronics that the others don't have or something similar to that in terms of customizing. This would be a good addition then to the Zon line, but to throw his signature on it like a Fender would be a bad thing IMO.

14. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I can agree with this statement. I'm known for not liking signatures on "artist endorsed" instrument anyway. I also thought it was a bit cheesy for Flea at one time to have a "signature" model bass. Although having played a "Flea bass" I happen to think that it is one of the better models for me that Modulus makes. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if Trujillo's "custom" fulfills something that no other Zon models does in sound, feel or looks than I'm for it completely. Just my 2 cents....;)