Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon Robert Trujillo bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rulyøngo, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Does anybody in the forum has a Zon Robert Trujillo bass? Or at least anybody has tried one? I'm curious about it's sound.

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    they are too expensive,hi Ruly

3. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    Has it been discontinued?

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    And you base this statement on what? Have you played one? Can you make any constructive statement on the instrument, it's sound, or it's playability? Or, are you just throwing out an unsubstantiated comment based on your unwarranted opinion?

:scowl:

I've played several, and think they are anything but "too expensive".

Ruly, they feel and sound very much like any other Zon bass, the wood neck might be a bit warmer sounding acoustically, but as it has EMG J pickups in it, it's still fairly bright and slightly compressed sounding.

I'd say that they are a bit more "warm" sounding than a composite necked Zon, but still with the same clarity and bite. The neck felt just like the composite neck, it's carved identically. Oh, and you can adjust the trussrod (something you can't do on the composite necked Zons), I think this may be why Trujillo went with the wood, so he can "fine tune" his setup.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I heard Rob Trujillo play his, it was very bright growly with strong mids he really seemed to enjoy it. :bassist:

6. *drool*

Oh my word, I love Zon basses, and cannot wait to go to BassCentral to try one out!!!

I personally am not a fan of the RT Sonus, because it is almost like everything Zon is not... EMGs, wood neck, so on and so forth, etc etc...

Anyway, I'm sure that it is just as amazing as the rest of the Sonus line, and would fit anyone perfectly!

~Ryan

7. Thanks for the replies people!

8. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ruly, your band totally rocks!! Great video, just need more shots of the bass player. :D

9. thanks man!!! I appreciate it!!! :bassist:

10. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I think they are too expensive, too. :eyebrow:

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hey Gard, I'm the grump around here. Get offa my cloud.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...make room, beyotch.

:spit:

:D

13. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.

CREO QUE LES GUSTO ONGO RULY........ :bassist: :bassist:

14. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Si les gusto,yo los he visto tocar par de veces y Ruly le mete duro al bass

15. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i envy you,i never seen them live.........however i seen Ruly when he was with Mattador.@ IRON MAIDEN ..@ AEROSMITH concerts. y yo se que el le mete sin miedo.

16. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice,come to Puerto Rico,my home is your home,recuerda que aqui tenemos muchos pubs con bandas en vivo pa curarse oyendo y tocando.

17. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Joe Zon and company make a killer bass and the RT is no exception. If you feel it is to expensive then don't buy it. More for us..... ;) Tone is all in the ear and yours is different then mine but to my ear the RT is quite "compressed" in that
    EMG sort of way. BTW, if you like the Zon five strings check out the 519, it is smokin'

18. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    thank you.... i was there last month but didn't get to see any bands(decent ones) anyway.maybe next time i go i'll be lucky. :bassist:

19. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    when you come here,call me,i give you a nice schedule of the bands and shows around the island,metal,funk,reggae,emo,alternaty,wathever..you choose :bassist:

20. Saludos a los bajistas boricuas!!!