1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Zon Sonus 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Christcr, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    Price:
    Strings:
    I recently bought this Sonus here on Talkbass. Plays great, looks great, and is super light (at about 7 and a half pounds). Has a brand new set of coated D'Adddario EXL strings. Comes with a hardshell case.

Everything is in working order and it's a nice looking bass, BUT there are some finish cracks in the polyester body finish and on the top side of the back of the neck (does not interfere with playing if you have your thumb on the back of the neck where it belongs). None of them are really noticeable unless you are right up close to the bass.

The neck profile is to die for. I'd describe the sound as quite j-bass-like and very smooth with the Bart pickups. Bass is all stock as far as I know. This is a nice bass that sounds great in the band mix. Don't let the finish cracks scare you--they really aren't that obvious unless you are looking for them and in no way affect the bass, other than the looks--but, the few cracks is why I have the price very low for a Zon--they typically go much higher.

I'm selling it to help defray the cost of a brand new Stingray Special I just bought.

Price includes shipping to the lower 48 US (add $25 for shipping east of Mississippi). Payment is via Paypal.

I'm going to alter the "no trade" declaration I previously made: I do prefer to sell it outright, BUT I may consider a trade for a Music Man Sterling Classic with maple fingerboard and black, white, coral red, the darker blue, and (did they make?) sea foam green body paint (and a bit cash on your end).

Zon1.JPG Zon2.JPG Zon3.JPG Zon4.JPG Zon5.JPG Zon6.JPG Zon7.JPG Zon8.JPG Zon9.JPG Zon10.JPG Zon11.JPG Zon12.JPG Zon13.JPG

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Sywannab, Steve Boisen and bobunit like this.
  2. toprekoms

toprekoms Inactive

Aug 22, 2010
    Colorado
    Finish cracks not noticeable?

3. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    They are noticeable if you are right next to it and looking for them. But from any other perspective, not an issue at all. I was a bit worried about that when I got it, but nobody even noticed them, not even the guys in the band. They are really only noticeable when looking at it from an angle and the sun/lights are shining on it and you are close enough to see them.

4. mcca

mcca

Dec 24, 2014
    Soundclips?

5. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    If I get time over the weekend, I'll make some clips of the various sounds.

mcca likes this.
  6. GREG PEREL WN

GREG PEREL WN

May 2, 2010
    Israel
    Hi:)
    Can you take pics of the crack on the neck?
    Thanks

7. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    You can feel it a bit if you put your thumb up on that part of the neck, but it's actually kind of hard to see. I'll see if I can get it to show in the light tomorrow during the day and snap a photo.

8. GREG PEREL WN

GREG PEREL WN

May 2, 2010
    Israel
    Great, thanks :)

9. GREG PEREL WN

GREG PEREL WN

May 2, 2010
    Israel
    Hi
    Any chance for the pics of the damage on the neck?
    Thanks

10. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    Hi, I've been holding off on the pics and sound clips because I had a pending sale. It just sold.

11. GREG PEREL WN

GREG PEREL WN

May 2, 2010
    Israel
    Congratulations :)