Zon Sonus 5/1 Custom Passive Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FlawLaw, Jan 9, 2006.

1. I have a Zon Sonus 5/1 Custom Passive Bass, Fretless. These normally come in active configurations, so I had it customized to be passive and the hardware is black. It is in as new condition, as I rarely gig with it. It comes with a hardshell case and has a high grade flame maple top. I have a gig bag too if you want that too. It has incredible mwah. The neck is very fast and I put on Labella nylon wound, but I think that the nylon don't work well on this particular bass, at least not on the B string. Very low action.

This is a 35" scale and has the custom Duncan pickups.

I play mostly acoustic bass and mandolin. I just bought a really expensive mandolin (man those things cost a lot more than most basses) and play in acoustic settings a lot more.
    I will miss this bass. :crying:

I have sold one other bass here - a Rob Allen Mouse. That was a sweet bass, but at the time I thought this one was even sweeter in comparison. I also have sold on e-bay and have close to 400 transactions with 100 percent feedback. I have attached an actual picture of the bass. I can try to take more pictures for those who ask (one person already has), but it really doesn't make all that much sense as these pictures are of the actual bass from the dealer where I purchased this bass. I live within driving distance from Toronto and in the past I have had Canadian purchasers come and pick up basses and check them out. That is fine.

Having struggled to make up my mind about selling this wonderful bass, I now want it to go to a good home. Therefore, I will accept $1,500 and will pay shipping within the lower 48. If you pay via paypal, then we will split the paypal fees or you can pay via postal money order. My ebay account name is "zhenghardy" if you want to see my feedback there.

Attached Files:

2. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
  3. Thank you for the nice bump Joshua. This is a really nice bass. It really sounds great. I can understand why people say that Zon makes the best fretless basses and this one is really awesome. I have had some interest.

Perhaps I am a noob to be selling it, but I just can't justify keeping such a great bass when I play the upright ninety percent of the time and can live with a good ole 1975 RI Fender Jazz as my sole electric bass. Make me an offer.
  4. Thank you and good luck with the upright. It is wonderfully addicting!
  5. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
  6. dooft11 - I will e-mail more pictures to you this evening. I don't have access to them on the computer that I am on now.
  7. I am not particularly interested in trades, as I want to get cash out of this. However, I might consider an American Vintage ‘62 Precision Bass and cash.
  8. i am starting to have second thoughts, so make an offer soon...
  9. This is a wonderful bass. Make me an offer.
  10. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Looks like a Gary Willis on steroids. Cool. :hyper:
  11. I try a while longer.
  12. I am reducing the price.
  13. Dooft:

I sent you a PM.

14. I received a call from a guitarist friend who I used to sub for and he wants me to play in his band. I have been out of the scene for about six months and well it looks like I will be back in. Funny, thing is that he needs a fretless bass player, so it looks like this is going off the market. I thank people for their interest. I guess I listed it for a bit too much, which in a way was a blessing because if it sold I would have had to get another fretless bass. God works in mysterious ways... :smug:
  15. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003