Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon Sonus 5/2, near mint, gigbag, $1200

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassdr, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Offered regrettably for sale (to fund the new bass) I am selling a near mint Zon Sonus 5/2, 2000 model, poplar body, cinammon color (actually a dark burgundy), Zon soapbars, ZP-4, 2 band preamp, bass/treble stacked control, birch/phenowood board. All original, no changes made in the bass. Original Zon gigbag in great shape. There is no fretwear, only minor tiny surface wear under the G string that has to be looked for. Tiny 1/16 scratch on the underside, barely visible. These imperfections are miniscule and only mentioned for completeness. It has brand new DR Hi-Beams on it. Action is super low, and the sound is amazing. Just like...a ZON!!!

I can take paypal. Shipping will be actual cost via UPS insured.

I am sorry, but no trades. E-mail me with any questions. First e-mailed solid offer gets it.

slpricemd@pol.net

Here's pics:

2. Another pic

3. Another

4. Woops

5. Lots of inquries, no solid offers.

I have more pics if needed.

I have decided to entertain trade offers that would include bass+cash. I'm only interested in Fender 4 strings, prefer jazz, precisions considered, prefer maple boards. Reissues, artist series and vintage basses will be strongly considered.

6. Price lowered to $1100 for 2 days, no action here and it's off the ebay on Saturday.

To answer a couple of questions. Yes it really is minty, the only imperfections have been mentioned. It is 35" scale.

7. Bump

Last day here. Off to ebay tomorrow.

8. I posted it over at the dudepit for a week or so.

Let's hear some trade offers? Anyone wanting to get rid of a Geddy, Marcus Miller, Noel Redding bass ???

Not sold by the weekend, off to the dreaded ebay.

9. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Damn, this is the bass I got conned into buying(not by bassdr, or anyone on ebay, of course. Never do an ebay transaction outside of ebay for ANY reason.)!! I wish I could afford it, if I had the money I lost, I would buy it ASAP....good luck....

Do you need a Mesa Boogie 400+? I am looking to sell it....

-Chris

10. I sent you an e-mail

I am interested in the Mesa, maybe you'll get the bass after all!

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    is the wood really popular?
    i thought that they only came in ash and alder.

steve

12. Yes it is Poplar

Check out the Zon website under new info and there is a description of the Sonus 5/2 bass and wood choice info. I talked to Joe about this and he has had some people with weight issues on the ash sonus bodies. I had an ash bodied sonus and it weighed a ton. He said the poplar is lighter and gives it a nicer mid range clarity that seemed to fit the soapbar pickups better.

I think the website is:

http://www.zonguitars.com

13. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    thank you very much

steve

14. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Do you still have the bass??

15. Yes the bass is still available.

I have several trade deals in the works but nothing solid yet.

E-mail me if you are interested: slpricemd@pol.net

16. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i want this bass but have no cash boooooohoooooo:bawl: