1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Zon Sonus 5 Custom

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cyclopsbookworm, Jan 5, 2017.

1. cyclopsbookworm

cyclopsbookworm Mutant Werewolf Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Was really hoping my CB would sell first but it's still available so putting this up. Really want to keep this bass as the specs, playability, tone, and weight are simply perfect.

2012 Zon Sonus 5 Custom. Graphite neck, walnut burl top, ash body (I believe). Active with Bartolini preamp and pickups. 9.1 lbs, 17.5 mm bridge spacing, 34" scale, 1 7/8" nut, low action, perfect frets (show minor play wear, but no buzzing). Don't believe it has a truss (edit, apparently it does have a truss. Won't ever need it tho) not necessary on a 5 string. Neck is rock solid. Dunlop dual action strap locks, gotoh tuners. Will include a G&G tweed hard case at this price or drop $100 off if you don't want the case. Bass has been played but very well taken care of.

(Edit: this was confusing to some, so I just went through it with a fine toothed comb. The only scuffs it has are some very light pick scratching under the strings. I tried to photograph them but they aren't showing. There is also one very tiny indent about 1/32 x 1/4" on the top. There is also some minor discoloration on the bridge though I'm sure that can be polished out. The bass is very close to dead mint. I'd give it a 9.7 out of 10.)

As stated, this is really the ideal bass for me, so I'm not going to entertain trades on this one. I'd just keep it in that case. All I'll accept are if you can't make all the dough and want to trade something around $800 or so. The rest will have to be in cash. Beyond that, no trades.

IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    saltydude, ialma, Maiden Bass and 7 others like this.
  2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    It has a truss, for those concerned (though likely they'll never need to touch it).

Good luck with the sale!

3. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    What kind of marks does this one have on it (as it's been played)?

4. alexgeddy

alexgeddy Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2007
    NJ
    Sounds confused imo just sayin

5. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    I updated the description to better reflect the condition. Bass is very near mint. Pics added.

songwriter21 likes this.
  6. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Price drop.

7. cyclopsbookworm

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Just noticed there is a clear coat crack at the neck pocket. Apparently this is a Zon thing. I'll get a pic of that when I get off work.

8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    As Grandma Addams said at the auction, "Just keep it!" (Actually she said "Let's keep it", but it amounts to the same thing.)

9. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    My Sonus has cracks on both sides of the neck pocket. They are cosmetic only.

I believe Zon fitted the neck tighter in the pocket than it should have been. The body wood and the graphite neck expand and contract at different rates which causes the cracks.

10. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I am happy this bass finally sold. Both the seller and the buyer will be happy.