Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon Sonus Custom 5 Flamed Redwood Top

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Halftooth, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Up for sale is a dead mint Zon Sonus Custom 5 with a highly Flamed Redwood top. I can't stress more how new the condition of this bass is. The bass has the typical Zon Sonus Custom features like an Ash body, 34' scale 24 fret graphite neck, Bart soapbars, and a Zon ZP-2D 3-band preamp. I'm looking to get $1700 for this bass.

Pics can be seen here:http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mgmir...one=http://photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos.

I may consider trades so run them by me. I'm mainly looking at a cash deal, but if the right high-end 5 comes along, I may be inclined to deal. I will also add cash for the right bass.

Price is $1700, and I will include shipping for TBers.

Attached Files:

2. sagryf1

sagryf1

Oct 23, 2004
    Halftooth, you have a pm from me.

3. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    On hold!

4. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Gene, you are a crazy man. All those great looking basses you've had. I wish I had gotten that Zebra Acacia from you. Nice Zon. One up./\

5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    So many basses, so little time! :bassist: I share your sickness Gene! :p
    But it is s-o-o-o-o-o much fun! :hyper:

6. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Dan,
    It's a certified sickness, but I can't help it, I'm afflicted by GAS and just can't help myself!
    I to wish you got that Zebra Acacia because that was one sick bass! I'm not sure where it went either. I traded it, and like a week later, it was sold. I wish I knew where it went. I'm starting to miss not having an Acacia.

7. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    It's fun, but I wish I could just keep this gigantic collection so I would never have to part with any of my gear. Seperating myself from my gear is a bad thing. It's almost like going through depression, but receiving new basses takes you right out of that hole!

8. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Nice looking Zon, Gene. If it had one less strang I would be tempted :D

9. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    No, just the right amount of strings...for the right person!

Thanks for the push!

10. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Man, I'm really trying to figure out how to take this one off of your hands. It's a bit more than I have in the bank (big surprise!) but I could offer some items in trade plus cash! Eden D410, Eden D210XLT, Epiphone El Capitan 5, BB1200S (burgundy)? Any interest?

Bump for a real pretty Sonus!

11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Halftooth you're killin me man. You picked up my Sonus about a year a go and I haven't been the same since. And THIS is the one I want!!! Redwood top..... man. You still have the spalted maple top? Now I gotta go and do something else so I don't think about this.

12. i have an 01 modulus q5 quilted maple velvet black cherry top w/barts its very sweet

13. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Bump for a SWEET looking bass!

14. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    The bass is all but sold.

Mike-
    I had to sell the Spalted Zon a few months back. I tried to email you first with dibbs, but I never heard back.

15. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Much sadness! Take care. Wish I would have had the cash for this one.

16. PM'ed!

17. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    It's officially gone!
    Thanks for all the interest!