1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zon Sonus + Macassar Ebony top & other options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trev, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Trev

Trev

Feb 23, 2004
    I have an all black Sonus Custom (took me a while to get used to it, but everything's cool, we're good friends now. :)) and am gassing for another. However I'm wondering, if I were to order one, would they put in pickups/preamps that are not the regular ones they normally use on their stock models basses? I'm thinking of a Sonus with 2x Nordstrand MM4.2 pups (the Stringray ones) and the AC Guitars filter pre.

Also would love to have a Macassar (sp?) Ebony top, but they don't seem to list it as an option their website; However I know some people here have ordered one-off Zons (like the beautiful spalted Sonus Hyperbass that pops up here ever so often - sorry I can't remember the owners name at the moment).

So I'm guessing they would probably do it, but it would be considered a special order, which means quite a significant raise in price. Am I right in thinking so?

cheers,
    Trev

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm sure Joe would be willing to discuss and ebony top with you.

3. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    It has been done:

DSC00989.

I wouldn't limit yourself to the options on Zon's website. They're in the business of making basses, not web development... if you catch my drift.

P.s the one-off (actually I think there are a few) you mentioned is mine :D