1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zon Sonus on a gig...YOWZA!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Jul 24, 2005.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    What up, savages??
    I just gigged this morning doing 2 services at my church with my new (to me) Zon Sonus 4. I had Carey Nordstrand cut a new narrower bone nut and wire in a Bart 3 band pre (it came w/a 2 band..ick) with switchable mids. He does such good work, it's ridiculous. Great builder, great friend. Anyway, in a band setting in a church with a notoriously bassy sanctuary, it flat-out got it DONE!! NO probs cutting through. I am seriously fired up about how well in sits in the mix. I had several musician friends who were sitting in the back of the hall comment on how clear and punchy my tone was. I traded a 62 reissue jazz from 86 straight across the board for the bass. Needless to say, I am VERY satisfied w/the trade, and the bass plays and sounds like a million bucks!
    If and when I can figure out how to post some pics here, I'll do so. But for those of you w/an imagination ;) it's amethist (trans purple) in color, and a super playable neck with a jazz nut width.

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Ya can NEVER go wrong with a Zon! I love the Sonus' neck profile more than the Legacys. My Legacy 6 has a bolt on Sonus neck that RULES, my favorite bass at the moment(for 2yrs now). I'm sure Carey added some serious "mojo" too!...

~S~

3. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Matt-

I assume this thing has no truss rod...is the neck relief flat enough for your liking? I have a friend with a sweeet Legacy Elite 4, very nice bass.

W

4. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Flatter than an 8th grade prom queen :eyebrow: :D ! It has action that is seriously down there...as low as I can get my Eshenbaugh, and that thing is my speed machine! It has no truss rod.

5. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Congrats.. I've got a 519 coming in Thursday.. I can't wait!!!! :hyper:

6. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I play Zons in my church too and they definitely ring through clear as a bell. No mud here. Good thing to have quality stuff too when the sound people are not the greatest...