Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon Sonus Special 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by DarkMazda, Jan 28, 2003.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Zon Sonus Special 5. You know the deal

- Graphite Neck
    - Phenolic/Composite Fingerboard
    - Bartolini J-Style Humbuckers (from what i Hear) in turbo configuration
    - Bubinga Top
    - Swamp Ash Body
    - Made in 1995

I am looking in to buying a Zon Legacy 4 and 5 strings are NOT for me.. The only flaws in this bass are only cosmetics(Mostly from the ones when I recieved it from Stroy). Joe Zon puts TONs of finish on the bass and none of them get close to the wood.. The sound is still nice/crisp/deep. Pics will be available upon request. Will ship to 48 Lower States in the NJ by either C.O.D. or Cashier's Check or Personal Check (waiting of course to clear). Shipping will be $25 Using Fed-Ex. Thank you for any interests that come up from this. If anyone is interested, please give me a call/e-mail. Thanks

http://allthestuff.homestead.com/files/Daichi_Kono_-_Majgnim.mp3 - Recording I've made with the Zon. Tuned C# F# B E A using 45-135 strings.

$1150 :(

Call my cell phone at: PM me for my #

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Dude are you sure you want to have your cell number up for all to see. Just PM it to the people that want it. Just a suggestion. :D

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    ok odie.. changed.. sorry :) I put it on my bassgear ad though lol

D

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Im no BunnyBass but here you go
    [​IMG]

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    dude, that bass rocks...let me consult with the wife...i'm looking at picking up a warwick LX 5, but i think a zon would be lots more desirable...i'll get back with you as soon as i can :D

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    okie :D

DM

Neptoon: if you want more pics, I took more of them. Want me to e-mail them?

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, i'm all over having some more piccies...piccies=good ;) thanks, man

8. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    :)

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    :D

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Im sorry I can't accept trades. I need $

Bag End 15": Im not a fan of 15s :) Im a 10 or 12 fan

Akai: Not looking for a sampler

G&L SB-1 for a Zon!? :confused:

Protone?!?!?!:confused: :confused:

I need $ to buy the Legacy IV

11. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    neptoon: more pix for you!
    [​IMG]

12. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    [​IMG]

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Headstock
    [​IMG]

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    awesome pics, man....dude, does the neck bow at _all_? for a bass with no truss, the action looks crazy low...good thing, btw :D

15. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    not at all.. if it does, you can always send it to Joe Zon.. you know what he will do :D The Action can go lower if desired.. I raised it a little

DM

16. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    neptoon: if you have AOL Messanger of ICQ, please feel free to e-mail me or gimme a call.. If you are interested, we will talk..

DM

17. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ridiculous, man...ridiculous :D sorry, but i don't have ICQ or aol instant messenger...i think my wife does, though. i just had her in here checking out the pics you posted. she was like.....oooo, bubinga like a warwick lol i'm still interested...i just want her to say one way or the other if i'm allowed to spend _my_ money on it. :D i'm in the positive at the moment, though. thanks

18. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    alright man.. the bass is now on HOLD

Neptoon: if you PM me your phone #, i can calll you up from my cell phone (gotta love free nationwide longdistance) so we can talk bout the bass and what not :)

DM

19. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Zon Back
    [​IMG]

20. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Cavity