Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon Sonus Special fretless 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gruuv, Jan 5, 2006.

1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Greetings all. . . I just received this bass from TB'er Halftooth. I love it, it is phenomenal in tone and playability. Although I'd love to be able to keep it, after playing it at several gigs I've found that my hands can't handle the 17mm spacing. I've got large hands/long fingers and although I've always felt more comfortable on wider spaced instruments, I didn't expect it to be this drastically uncomfortable to play for long sets. I'm going to ask $1875 shipped to the continental US. For Paypal buyer must pick up fees. This bass is in like-new condition and sounds amazing. Here are the spec's: ash body (light weight), bubinga top, custom Bart pickups/electronics, lined phenowood board, 34 in scale. I've got a gigbag and a hardcase for it, your choice. No trades!

I have more higher quality pictures available for those interested. . .

Attached Files:

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Knowing what you went through to get this thing, and how great they can be for most players, this totally sux. I hope you find the right fretless SOON... you've suffered enough!

For the rest of you out there JUMP ON THIS!!!! These are INCREDIBLE!

3. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Yea...curse you Vic for letting me play yours!! Consider this a lame bump from someone with no cash Gruuv...hope someone grabs it!

4. Jazz Paris

Jazz Paris

Feb 5, 2005
    This exactly what I've been looking for, 17 is just fine for me - only got little hands !! What price are you asking for it? :)

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    He mentioned "2000 shipped OBO", which is a GREAT price for this bass... it's literally in brand new condition as I understand it, and 2K at LEAST 500 below new DISCOUNTED pricing on these. I think MSRP is in the high 3's on these.

6. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Hey, why should I suffer severe GAS alone? You seemed to be way too content with what you had. We really can't have that around here... :)

7. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Vic is right (thanks, Vic :D ) - $2000 shipped in the lower 48, but I'll consider offers as well. It is in like-new condition too. Where are you located (if it's Paris, I can ship there but you'd have to cover the cost of shipping, and funds would need to clear before I ship).

8. Jazz Paris

Jazz Paris

Feb 5, 2005
    I am in Europe at the moment but not in Paris unfortunately, rainy UK instead. Have you got an email address I can send a PM to? I'm just getting my piggy bank out !!

9. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Jazz Paris, I know sometimes international deals can be uncomfortable, but if it helps, I can also personally vouch for Gruuv as a seller. His integrity and honesty are surpassed only by his courtesy and consideration. If you cut a deal with him, you can bank on the fact that it will go well.

10. Jazz Paris

Jazz Paris

Feb 5, 2005
    Cheers Vic, good to know. I, too, have done a goodly number of international trades and it does take a fair amount of trust. However, good ol' bass players are always to be trusted right?!?

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Well, I hope always, but at least in this case, definitely.

12. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Many thanks for the kind words, Vic. . . Just an update. I played this at a wedding yesterday and am playing another one this afternoon - the tone of this bass is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and if it wasn't for the narrower spacing it wouldn't be going anywhere! I'm actually considering the option of having Joe build me one with a custom spacing, that's how great this thing is. So, if the 17mm spacing is good for you, seriously consider this fretless.

<salesman voice off/>

13. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...519 fretless special/studio, hmmmm...

~S~

14. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    That's what I'm talkin' about! :bassist:

15. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I own your bass's fretted brother and I can speak first hand that the tone is indeed AMAZING........

I'd love to pick up this one too but I guess my addiction has to stop somewhere!

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Have you learned NOTHING here at TB???? ;)

17. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    If it was fretted it would be at my house right now..dammit!

Dan

18. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    My fretless Sonus Standard with 3 band was almost the same price and being a solid color it doesn't have a top anything like this one. Very sweet bass,very good price. Someone please grab this so I can stop looking at it!

19. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    That's hilarious. . .

Well . . . . . . . . answer him!

:bag:

20. Someone buy it! That thing looks amazing!

GAS!