1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zon Sonus Special V Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Blake Bass, May 1, 2009.

1. 1996 Zon Sonus Special Fretless 5 string.
    Bubinga top, ash body, composite neck and lined fingerboard.
    Bartolini pups and pre.
    Stacked vol, vol, and stacked treble, bass.

I am the original owner of this amazing fretless bass. It hasn't been out of the house in over 5 years and it is in great shape. I replaced the treble knob with a spare that I had which had a blue top. I colored it in with a sharpie to make it match. If that bothers you you can probably get a new knob for a under $5. I also replaced the original chrome strap buttons with black buttons. Everything else is original.

There is some very minor wear on the back of the body that doesn't show up in photos and is hard to see in person unless you hold it at a certain angle towards the light.

This bass sounds great and has a great fretless growl. It is the best sounding fretless I have ever played!

$1400 shipped..paypal preferred.

The pics aren't great but you can see them at the photobucket link.

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s47/blakew18787/Zon%20Sonus/

2. midnight bump

3. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    how's the sound? i have heard some stuff about Zon's graphite having a lack of warmth or mwah, but the bass sure looks nice, i'm guessing it sounds the same?

4. The bass sounds great.. no lack of warmth and definitely no lack of mwah.

5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    This is a great deal. These are fantastic, world-class fretless basses. It doesn't get any better than this, especially for what a new Lakland Skyline will run you these days.

Somebody is going to score on this one!!!

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    This IS a steal! I used to own one, and it is an amazing fretless indeed. This will make someone's year!

7. I knew there was some Zon love out there. Now somebody take advantage of this deal and score yourself a killer fretless.

8. What a mess

What a mess

Aug 20, 2008
    Valdosta Ga.
    I have owned two they are the most amazing fretless basses I have ever heard or seen I would get calls from the studio down the street when they needed it records and sounds awesome.

9. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Is there a gloss (epoxy) finish on the board? Pheno is usually satin-like.

10. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    Whats the weight???

11. weight is around 10lbs on my bathroom scale (it only measures in .5 lb increments.)

12. The fingerboard is the same material as the neck. It is not like the newer Zons that have a satin type fb.

13. SOLD