1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Zon Sonus Standard 4 String (USA) - Great Deal on a Classic Zon!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jaydbass, Oct 12, 2016.

1. jaydbass

jaydbass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Price:
    $945
    Strings:
    Up for sell or trade is a USA Zon Sonus Standard dated to the early 90s. It has 2-band EQ with a stacked neck/bridge volume knob and a stacked bass/treble knob, graphite neck and phenolic fingerboard with dot markers along the top. As expected, it produces a very bright, clear and punchy sound synonymous with Zon basses. These specific models came with 2 Bartolini narrow aperture jazz style pickups that run the gambit from sitting back in the pocket to cutting through the mix. Its natural disposition is a bit more aggressive, strong upper mid sound, due quite a bit to the composite neck. It's a very fast neck with low action that's a pleasure to play.

Despite it being an awesome axe, moving it out of my collection to make space for a couple of other basses and it's just not what I'm looking for right now... More interested in interesting trades than a straight sale though either will do + cash on either side as needed.

I picked this up from another great TB'er earlier in the year who reported that the headstock had a crack which was repaired professionally by the previous owner with an epoxy commercial resin with 3500 psi by a local luthier. Aimed to capture in the photos but no play-ability impact - can get more pictures of this specific point as requested for those interested... A bit of minor wear and tear (small scratches that can be seen in some lighting over pickups - captured in one of the photos) as expected for a two decade+ old guitar but gr8 condition nonetheless.

Comes with a Zon gig bag... Reach out with any questions... Open to all interesting trades with cash on either side as needed but preference is on the following:

-Any German-made Warwick
    -Maruszczyk
    -Prat Classic 4
    -Warrior
    -Xotic
    -Bacchus Jazz Basses
    -Modded MIJ or MIA Active Fender Jazz Basses
    -Matt Pulcinella Level 4

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    NoNoise likes this.
  2. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    FYI... Little bit more testing on the scale and expecting it isn't quite accurate... Weighed an axe I know is around 9lbs that registered at 13. Did it again and got another reading :) On best guess estimate this guy is about 9 and change... Definitely one of my lighter basses compared to warwicks, laklands and the like...

3. darkcaptain29

darkcaptain29 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2008
    San Diego CA
    Pmd

jaydbass likes this.
  4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Great deal - these are simply excellent basses.

jaydbass likes this.
  5. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Thanks... It really is. Light, good tonal options and cuts through. Just looking for something different at the moment but it's one of those ones I call a "boomerang bass" that I could see buying again in the future :)

6. jaydbass

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    SOLD!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021