1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Zon Sonus Standard 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by melodiaopus, Mar 1, 2016.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    $775
    Strings:
    Back by popular demand is my beautiful 2014 Zon Sonus Standard 5 String. It has a beautiful quilted maple top, maple neck and a dark rosewood fingerboard. Equipped with a 3-band Seymour Duncan active preamp and Duncan Pickups. The bass is very crisp and punch, it has a lot of tonal color to bass.

The string spacing is 17mm at the bridge it weighs just a tad over 9lbs. I have installed a HipShot Double Stop system so you can drop D or drop to a low B. I have this bass tuned E-A-D-G-C but will throw in a brand new set of DR Hi-Beams gauges 45-125 (B-E-A-D-G)

It comes with Zon Gig Bag that is in like new condition.

$775 shipped

Attached Files:

2. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    Very sharp! What's the fretboard made of? Do you have any sound clips available?

3. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    @etherealme Thanks man. Yeah the fretboard is rosewood, and the neck is three piece maple. Sounds amazing.

4. elkkid2

elkkid2 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Rio Vista, Ca
    Was this made in the U.S.A.?

5. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    @elkkid2 Production is done in Korea. Assembled in USA, but made abroad. The bass was bought straight off the line and from Joe Zon's shop in Redwood City, CA

6. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Pending payment.

7. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    This puppy is heading to the mid-west dontcha know.