1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zon Sonus VIII

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mongo Slade, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    For sale only: My beloved Zon Sonus 8 String in excellent condition. Ash body with a curly maple top and a pretty transparent blue finish. Black hardware(except for 1 saddle on the bridge) and lightweight to boot. Comes with original Zon hardshell case.

Yes, I know these pictures suck. If you are really interested in the bass I will have my wife take some hi-res shots. Shoot me your e-mail to receive those, however.(they tend to be too big for Talkbass)

$1900.00

Peace

Attached Files:

2. Beautiful piece!
    Without a doubt, the sweetest 8 you'll play. Zon's 8s are stable (very alt. tuning friendly), rings like a bell, and light & comfy. :hyper:
    Good luck with the sale.

3. Mongo Slade

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    To answer some ofthe questions I've gotten:
    I can no longer justify owning this bass and my custom Zon 10 string Sonus when I rarely play original music any more(chokes back a tear). I cannot bring myself to sell the 10, so the 8 should go, shouldn't it? Oh, and it's just under 9 lbs.

Friday night bump from a man starting to have second thoughts...

4. Mongo Slade

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    Thanks Eerie!

Peace

5. Mongo Slade

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    Forgot-this-was-on-here-Bump

Peace

6. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    best 8 on the planet AFAIK!

7. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    These things sound amazing. On my "one day" list, but not quite yet. These don't come up for sale very often!