Zon strings ~ What do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jun 3, 2002.

1. The reason I ask is that I brought my bass to what may become "my repair shop" and after doing a complete set up on my Yamaha BBN5 II, they put a new set of strings (which you pay for) on the bass. I have Dean Markley Blue Steels on there now, but, this shop doesn't carry them right now, but, it's no big deal, and I'm always willing to try something new. I think I remember a few people saying they were pretty good, but, I'd like more info on them if you have it. Here's where I took it. www.guitarboutique.com
    I brought it in on Saturday, but, it won't be ready for about 2 weeks, so I have time to change my mind.

Mike J.
    P.S. The B string is 130. Too fat? I have 125s on there now.
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I tried a set of Ultrasonic nickels a while ago. I really liked the way they sounded. They were very vesitile strings. By adjusting my playing technique I could get a smooth fat sound for Blues and Classic Rock, or I could really get them to speak-up when I would slap and pop. However, the downside is that they didn't last very long. I only got about three weeks out of them, and I probably should have changed them after two :( .