1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zon strings ~ What do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jun 3, 2002.

1. The reason I ask is that I brought my bass to what may become "my repair shop" and after doing a complete set up on my Yamaha BBN5 II, they put a new set of strings (which you pay for) on the bass. I have Dean Markley Blue Steels on there now, but, this shop doesn't carry them right now, but, it's no big deal, and I'm always willing to try something new. I think I remember a few people saying they were pretty good, but, I'd like more info on them if you have it. Here's where I took it. www.guitarboutique.com
    I brought it in on Saturday, but, it won't be ready for about 2 weeks, so I have time to change my mind.

Thanks,
    Mike J.
    P.S. The B string is 130. Too fat? I have 125s on there now.

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I tried a set of Ultrasonic nickels a while ago. I really liked the way they sounded. They were very vesitile strings. By adjusting my playing technique I could get a smooth fat sound for Blues and Classic Rock, or I could really get them to speak-up when I would slap and pop. However, the downside is that they didn't last very long. I only got about three weeks out of them, and I probably should have changed them after two :( .