Zon = super resistant bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Feb 5, 2005.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I just saw that movie about the lone rangers and i was really pleased to hear the bass player asking for a Zon rather than a Fender or Musicman. But then a scen was about to make me kill myself when i saw those b@#~€#s smacking off their instruments, i even felt bad for that green burst PRS singlecut, but suddenly after 2 strikes against the floor the Zon legacy elite 4 was still in one piece, so i thought WTH i want to know more about Zons so i would like to apreciate any story you would like to input here and any clip and pic will be apreciated.

Alex: who now thinks that Zon is a super solid choice.
  2. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    zons are REALLY great basses with a REALLY hefty price tag. my favorites are the Zon Vinny basses. a lot of people at TB have them so im sure they will chime in too.
  3. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    the prices arent as bad as soem other boutique basses.

and yes they are extreamly well built wonderful sounding insturments.
  4. That was great in Air Heads. The PRS was dust in two hits, and the Zon was still in perfect condition.

Either that or Steve Buchsemi(sp?) isn't all that strong.
  5. AlembicBob

Dec 28, 2004
    MA, US
    Zon has a very woody sound and a neck that never needs adjustment. If you live in New England, it's a great feature. The bass plays the same every time you pick it up.
  6. Cairobill

Dec 15, 2003
    Currently only play my new Zon Sonus Special 5 Fretless. Other basses very jealous. Light, resonant and VERY well built. Graphite works it seems. C.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    My Zon has been all over the world with me & has NEVER let me down or needed ANY attention whatsoever. Top shelf stuff worth every penny!...

PS: It's still my main axe
  8. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1, but it's not just graphite. It's a proprietary blend of things, whose recipe is a highly protected trade secret at Zon, 'cause it took him a long time to develop. I have two Zons... his research paid off... BIG TIME. :)
  9. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I love my Vinny! I'm looking into a 6-string version...

10. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    what type of wood, thats a looker.