Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zon "Vinnie" Headless Fretless 4 Spalt

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jonathan Starr, Jun 1, 2004.

1. I have a mint Zon headless 4 string fretless "Vinnie" bass with a gorgeous spalted flame maple top. It's stunning and plays beautifully.

It sounds great, equal to my fretless Sonus, and is the ultimate travel bass.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I ordered it when I was playing fretless 4, and by the time it arrived, I'm now only playing 5'ers. I'll probably order the same bass in a 5.

Includes the tiny, padded Gigbag. I've only played it at home a couple of times.

Price: $1800 including USA shipping

Aloha,

Jonathan Starr
    kalepa@maui.net
    (808) 249-0032

2. Spiritfield

Spiritfield Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Jawja
    I have the fretted version of this bass in swamp ash; it is a SWEET bass!! Huge tone from the Bartolini's, very comfortable to play...

Bump-
    David

3. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Not to clutter your thread, but how much did that thing set you back new?

I love those vinnys to death.

4. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Oh man, that is SWEET! I got to play a fretted Vinnie last year through an Accugroove rig, VERY nice bass! Low low action, very fun.

Baofu, I know the standard Vinnie's cost about 1800 new, so that would probably be about 4-500 more what with the top and fretless option.

5. Time for a bounce and lower price.