Zoom 3000B - meh....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by akuma12, Jul 31, 2005.

1. akuma12

Aug 25, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Hi all,

I'm starting to look around for some new gear, as I feel like I'm finally starting to be good enough to play in public, and I'm evaluating my old Zoom 3000B multieffects pedal. I don't know if it's me not knowing what I want or how to set it, or the pedal, but I just can't seem to get a decent sound out of it. The distortion is so-so, kind of on the weak side, the reverb and delay are rather atrocious, the loop feature is nigh worthless at 6 seconds max, I think the only decent effect I can get out of it is the chorus.

Do any owners of this pedal have suggestions on good patches to use, or should I toss it in the closet and start a collection of individual pedals? And if so, what kind of effects are needed for playing live, regardless of style? Like, what kind of effects are useful for any situation, and who makes a good pedal for that effect? Thanks much!

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    To get the equivalent of your Zoom in single pedals you'll have to invest a few hundred clams. Just for a delay with a long loop time you're talking anywhere from $200 on up.

I would just use it for gigging for now and then through experience in playing live figure out what I really need or want.
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    But for effects I always use my Chorus.