Zoom 3000B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jul 15, 2001.

1. I have an opportunity to get one of these relatively cheap. Has anyone used one, and are the effects passable? Is it noisy?
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i have that one!

i´m very happy with it... gotta love some of the effects...

also the tuner is great, has metronome, 3 to 6 second sampler/loop (which i don´t use, but it´s nice to have around).

it does not have an expression pedal, but i don´t really need it... you have to buy it separately...

the distortions are OK, has some amp modelings, has lots of EQ effects, the compressors are great (i played without the unit yesterday and i noticed the difference...)

i´m glad i bought it (cuz i don´t have many options over my town... i had to buy it on an auction)

i mainly use it onstage to change my tone in seconds (with some patches i made with compression and EQ modifications).

one of the effects i loved is the "Tight Slap" (Bank 0, patch 3) it gives you a slap tone so perfect (to me)... btw, it´s the only effect i found some kind of noise...

but any noise you find you can erase it with the "Zoom Noise Reduction"... it really works... you might notice at the beginning that some effects are a little noisy, but just crank the ZNR to 7 and it´s no problem... i don't know why Zoom didn´t put the noise reduction at full at the factory but just do it manually and the unit becomes noiseless.

of course, like many multieffects units, you will find some really annoying and useless effects but maybe you can find a use for them...

other interesting effects are the DEFRET and SLAP simulators... i kinda liked the defretted sound... but i was disapointed with the SLAP setting (it makes your plucking sound like slaping), it does not sound good for me.

there are other cool effects for some covers... like chorus... check them out.

i really recommend it... i haven´t tried the other zoom multieffects but just try it and see if it worth it.