Zoom 506 expression pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Apr 25, 2001.

  1. just a word to say that you can use a standard mono volume pedal (I'm using a £20 Proel one) with a stereo jack to 2 mono jacks splitter lead instead of paying out loads more for a Zoom expression pedal (someone was asking about this a while back but I couldn't find the thread again).

    I'm now doing Cliff Burton and Doug Wimbish wah/pitch bend impressions :D
  2. TombassCaton


    May 4, 2011
    will this work with the black and orange one? i think its the older 506
  3. Yep it will work with almost any volume pedal and an insert cable* and not just with Zoom but other products that can take an expression pedal.
    *insert cable = 1/4" TRS stereo to 2 x 1/4" TS (mono) left/right ends, commonly used on mixing desks to insert an effects but useful for many other things.