Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Duff_McKagan16, Feb 18, 2002.

1. anyone using it. I do and i think it sucks. There is nothing useful on it.
  2. E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    If you think it sucks, then why post about it? :rolleyes:
  3. i have that zoom pedal.. its not the best pedal in the world.. in fact all I use it for is to tune and Use one effect for one of my bands songs.. its a little " bass solo " thing... its D4 on the pedal.. its that distorted.. SWOOSSHH type thing..

if your intrested in what the hell im talking about you can listen to the song , its called PRIDE - CLICK HERE !!
  4. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Do you feel better now?
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Good question! What sucks about it?

It's one thing to have an opinion, particularly a negative one. But, it's another to join a forum such as this and share your experiences so others may have a chance to learn from them.
  6. I agree, it does sound a bit "tacky", but some of the FX are ok.
    And have you ever tries hooking it up to a mic?
    Try setting it to E5 and setting the mod. that it is on to wahterver letter it is and number 8 -to get a helium type voice, or sett it lower for a EVIL low end sound.
    There are many others that sound kool to. It's realy load'z of fun!:)

7. red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    yup, the Zoom pedals are lots of fun, a window of opportunity with hunners and hunners of ideas!!!
  8. It's nice to be back online!!!!:D

For £70 in the UK I cannot think of a better value multi-effects pedal. I have one and although it will never have the same cool tone of say my sansamp or cool mu-tron sounds it is still good - the delays, flanges and choruses (plus all the other weird stuff) are good enough to go into the studio. It's also great for PC recording as you can take a lead from the headphones out straight into the line-in of your PC with zero hassle.

If you don't like something that's cool, but do us a favour and tell us why
  9. I've got one, and I think it's kind of fun. Not the best multi-effect maybe, but it's cheap and easy to use. I don't use effects allt that much so it's enough for me :)
  10. Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    I like it-
    I got a lend of my brother's one and played my fretless through it with the fretless effect on.
    After a bit of tweaking and noodling it gave me a very nice Bakithi-esque slap-fretless sound.

....which was nice.
  11. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    i love my zoom, If u spend enough time tweaking it, you can get amazing sounds. read the manual a few times, and try mixing different effects and tweaking them. I got an awsome vintage jazz tone out of mine, then band enhaced it, and found my rock/jazz type of tone. i use it for every practice and every gig. the only prob that im tryin to fix now is the input jack, its a bit loose.
  12. Hate it. Sounds and effects are OK it's just REALLY noisy. The hum/hiss is absolutely unacceptable live, and forget it for recording. I use mine as a tuner only and as I just ordered a rack mount tuner will probably be giving it to my 17 year old nephew to play with.
  13. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    the zoom sure is not a very superb FX-device and those presets are really really bad BUT
    try using only one effect at a time and try to compensate for low end loss with the built in EQ.
    later try to combine 2 or 3 effects you like.
    this way you can achieve at least a couple of useful results.
    and if you find some effects you really like but which are too noisy or 'weak' go out and buy some decent stomp boxes...

14. bigmonster1

Feb 28, 2002
    Windsdor, VA
    hey i got a Zoom506MKII. its a great pedal for just messin around by yourself, a few useful effects, and a very useful built-in tuner. i have mine set on A3 the whole time i play, it gives me a great full sound. thats about all i use it for when playin gigs, A3. i love to distortions on it too :D