1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom 506 Repair Needed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JakeTrippATW, Jul 28, 2012.

1. JakeTrippATW

JakeTrippATW

Jul 3, 2010
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Gripick Guitar Picks
    Came across a very old Zoom 506 bass processor after my friend and I cleaned out his garage. I wasn't familiar with this model, so I did a little research online. I read several reviews that said many of the included effects are surprisingly good. Curious to try it out, I took it to my jam spot and plugged in. Changed the battery and used an AC adapter just in case. Unfortunately, nothing.:meh: It looks pretty old, but I'd really love to be able to get it working again. Would you say that music stores that repair guitars are capable of doing work on effects processors such as these? If not, any ideas on how I would be able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance,

-Tripp

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    You might try contacting Samson ( Zoom's parent company). They could probably at least look at it. I sent them a B2 a few years back and they got it fixed and returned inside a week. Of course their service center is not far from me and the problem was just a bad switch.

3. They are $40 with shipping on ebay..I am not sure anyone will fix it for less than that other than a friend.